Thursday, December 23, 2010

Moss Park

We took a trip to Moss Park this morning. The water looks like chai tea, completely opaque only a few feet from shore. I can't imagine setting foot in that lake, which I'm quite sure is full of gators. But they have a whole swimming area, and my mom says she used to swim there all the time as a kid. In fact, my grandfather camped in Moss Park as a boy. So I guess that makes my kids the fourth generation of our family to visit the park. The kids loved birdwatching, gatorwatching (from a distance and we didn't see any) and finding animal poop in the woods. It's funny how poop is really exciting when you're walking through woods. It's proof that there are actually little creatures hiding up in the trees as you walk past. There aren't many places left in Orlando where you can go for a walk in the woods.



No comments:

Post a Comment